Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Airplane Geek

I am airplane geek. No, it's true.

I went to the airport last weekend just to look around, I wasn't headed anywhere. Now, I didn't go into the terminal, no, I went to RDU's observation deck. Ah-ha! I am not the only airplane geek in Raleigh. There are even enough of us that RDU built us a tree house.


See others flock to airplane nerdery at the RDU observation deck.

I understand, though, most people, and I betting as high as 95% of people, aren't really that interested. At least not enough to go to the airport just to watch airplanes¹. But, lots of people go to the airport. Air travel is so common that most don't give it a second thought. That's a shame.

I'm going to try and change that. Stay tuned, next installment, how to leave RDU.
_______________
¹ To tell the truth, if I had access to an airplane and the money to fly it, I wouldn't be at the airport watching airplanes either.

No comments: